Sunday, September 1, 2013

Red dots of the art variety

Fiona and I had our official opening of our Paths to Peace and Stillness exhibition on Friday night.

It was a good night made great: by the presence of many artist friends and friends; by music, wine and food; and by the generousity and support of Maya the owner-manager of Rosebed St.Gallery.

Fiona has included a couple of photos in her blog for today; and Noela shared a few photos on her Facebook.

I thought I would share a few photos of red dots on some of my bits that were taken by Fiona. I did not get around to taking any photos as I was having too good a time talking to people about metal etc. Fiona had red dots - but I will leave that up to her to share.








Peace Book Pendants were very popular - there is a request for more. Good that peace will be transported by the owners of these pieces. How lucky are we to be able to make stuff and have the support of people who are willing to support us and buy our bits. Thanks.



13 comments:

  1. Well done, and they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red dots are always an important part of the process!! I thought the Peace Book Pendants would be popular, they are wonderful. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations, barry! this is so well deserved. we get to see your work in photos, it must be wonderful to see them all arranged for a show. i know i really enjoyed the look at your studio gallery.
    you put not only beautiful things out into the world, but good and meaningful ones too - things that enrich people's lives. your shared gift makes the world 'more'...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic, B! So love to see the red dots; slightly envious that I don't yet have a shrine but I guess I can wait. Congratulations on a beautiful and successful exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to see all that red! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. P, VA, MJ, TL, C & J - what would we be and do without the loving and encouraging support of fellow artists - thanks so much for your comments. P - glad you liked what you see. VA - I love that more Peace Book pendants are rippling out into the globe. MJ - thanks you for such kind support - it is a fortunate thing to create pieces that one enjoys making but can carry other energy for the owners. TL - thanks. C - I think my shrines this time are the best I have made in design, content and intent - so I'm glad they are entering other lives. J - thanks - red means pices are being enjoyed - at least that is what I hope. Go well. B

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful place to expose! Congratulations on such a good reception at your exposure, it must be very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. B - I'm not surprised by all the red dots! I am enjoying my little treasure added to my collection. K

    ReplyDelete
  9. L & K - thanks for your support and congratulations. K - thanks for adding to your little treasures - it is so lovely to build collections of small things from our fellow artists. Go well. B

    ReplyDelete
  10. the exhibition looks wonderful B!! Congrats to you an F :)
    tho ... this may sound silly ... what do the red dots mean?

    ReplyDelete
  11. L - thanks - red dots equals pieces sold in the exhibition - so quite a few red dots means quite a few sales - makes one smile. Go well. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.